It’s safe to say that wearing heels isn’t always a walk in the park. Sore ankles and achy arches are anything but ideal. But the good news is there are tricks to wearing heels the right way. As in, wearing heels in a manner that doesn’t make you look like an injured baby lamb hobbling towards dinner with your honey.
Want to know the key to wearing high heels so you don’t kill your feet? Check out these 5 tricks to comfortably wearing heels. Yes, even those skyscrapers your mom thinks are ridiculous.
1. Figure out the right size: Our feet have a tendency to swell when you’re wearing shoes for an extended period of time. If heels are extra snug to begin with, then you’ll definitely be in trouble after a few hours of wear. That last thing you want are ingrown toe nails
2. Know what to avoid: Sure, those strappy, skinny summer stilettos may look like a dream. However, it’s important to be realistic about what kind of shoe has day-long potential. A thin sole will most likely cause pain for the bottom of your foot. Look for something with some rubber on the bottom to provide a bit of a buffer. An ideal is a heel that has a bit of a platform in the front. The platform reduces the incline of your foot, making things more comfortable all around.
3. Add your own cushion: Store-bought inserts can be your BFF. Add a little extra cushion to your shoe and your legs wouldn’t be over so quick.
4. Lead with your thighs: This is a trick a friend of mine taught me some years back. I find that when you’re walking, leading with your thighs, your entire leg is moving forward at once. Think about it: You’re probably used to letting your feet lead, right? It takes practice, but you’ll find that there’s less pressure placed on the ball of your foot.
5. Take breaks: Whether you’re wearing heels or not, being on your feet for an extended period of time will hurt your tootsies no matter what. Do yourself a favor and take turns standing and sitting over the course of a day/night in heels.
Let me know what you think……
Don’t forget to subscribe……..
and join our BBM channel C0012FF76